If you or one of your family members was in a head-on collision with a truck in Florida, Accident Attorneys Boca Raton can help you fight for the justice – and the compensation – that you deserve for your injuries. A fearless litigator with a track record of favorable case results, Accident Attorneys Boca Raton are experienced and effective Boca Raton head-on truck accident lawyer who is ready to fight on your side. For a free legal consultation about filing a truck accident claim in Florida, contact Accident Attorneys Boca Raton online today for 24/7 assistance.
Common Causes of Head-On Truck Collisions in Boca Raton
On the congested streets and highways around Boca Raton, it only takes a split-second error to cause a deadly collision. You may be entitled to compensation if your accident was caused by another person’s carelessness, or negligence. For example, many head-on truck accidents are caused by one or more of the following factors:
- Driver distraction, often related to text messages or smartphone apps
- Excessive speeding, especially in low-visibility conditions caused by poor weather
- Failure to stop at red lights or stop signs
- Fatigue or falling asleep at the wheel, potentially caused by noncompliance with federal regulations mandating rest breaks and shift limits for truckers
- Intoxication, whether involving drugs, alcohol, or a combination of both (including prescription medication such as painkiller or sleep aids)
- Lack of experience driving the route and/or operating the vehicle
While most accidents are caused by the types of driver errors described above, there are also situations where crashes result from design or mechanical defects. For example, defective brakes or steering problems can cause a serious accident. Whether a crash is caused by a driver error or an automotive defect, the root cause comes down to negligence: somebody’s failure to meet reasonable standards of care and safety, with preventable deaths or injuries as the result.
Types of Injuries Are Caused by Head-On Truck Crashes
When a head-on collision occurs between a commercial truck and another type of vehicle, such as a car or a passenger truck, the difference in weight almost always translates to worse injuries for the occupants of the smaller vehicle. Unfortunately, head-on collisions with heavy vehicles like commercial trucks tend to produce catastrophic, permanently disabling injuries, or even result in the wrongful death of drivers, passengers, and in some cases, motorcyclists or pedestrians. Types of injuries that can result from a truck accident include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Bone fractures, such as broken ribs, wrist fractures, pelvic fractures, fractured collarbones, and other broken bones
- Crush injuries
- Deep cuts and lacerations that require stitches to heal
- Loss of limbs, fingers, or toes
- Skin abrasion (“road rash”), in cases where an accident victim is ejected from the vehicle
- Soft tissue injuries, such as sprain or strain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries (SCIs) and associated paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), including concussions
- Whiplash neck injuries
- Wrongful death
Truck Accident Lawsuit or Settlement Worth in Boca Raton, FL
The answer to this question varies by situation. Factors that may impact the value of your head-on truck accident claim include your medical bills, the wages that you have lost or are expected to lose, and the projected costs of any future surgeries or rehabilitation that you will need. In addition to compensation for out-of-pocket losses and financial harm, you may also be able to recover compensation for pain and suffering caused by your injuries.
Unfortunately, it is common for trucking companies and their insurance teams to deny liability for serious accidents. You may receive a “low-ball” settlement offer that does not account for the full scope of your losses, or you may even be told that you were at fault for the accident. You can level the playing field and take on powerful insurance companies more effectively by hiring an experienced truck collision lawyer in Boca Raton who will investigate your accident to uncover the truth.
At Accident Attorneys Boca Raton, we focus on maximizing your recovery, examining your claim from every angle to determine what damages you may be entitled to. We will protect you against insurance companies that try to violate your rights or unfairly deny your claim, building a detailed case that shows how the negligence of a truck driver or trucking company caused your accident and associated injuries.
Boca Raton Head-On Truck Accident Attorney
At Accident Attorneys Boca Raton, we take your injuries personally. If you were hurt in a collision with a semi-trailer, an 18-wheeler, or a small passenger truck, such as a pick-up truck, Accident Attorneys Boca Raton can provide the resources you need to construct a robust case.
Contact us online today to arrange a free legal consultation. If you need to talk to a head-on truck crash lawyer in Boca Raton, we’re here to listen and answer your questions.