Boca Raton is located close to several major highways, including I-95, U.S. 1, U.S. 441, and State Road A1A. These and other roads are heavily used by truckers on routes across Florida or the United States. When truckers are careless, tired, or intoxicated, they can cause major accidents that kill or injure multiple victims. If you or one of your family members was hurt in an accident involving a commercial truck, Accident Attorneys Boca Raton can help you recover the compensation you deserve.
Accident Attorneys Boca Raton is a trusted, effective, and experienced attorney for truck accident victims in Boca Raton. We have successfully settled and litigated numerous cases involving serious traffic accidents, and is ready to put the same dedication to work fighting your case. When you need help filing a personal injury claim in Boca Raton, rely on Accident Attorneys Boca Raton for compassionate 24/7 support. For a free legal consultation with 18-wheeler accident lawyers Accident Attorneys Boca Raton, contact us today.
Common Injuries from 18-Wheeler Truck Accidents
Collisions with semi-trailer trucks often result in catastrophic injuries or fatal injuries for the occupants in the smaller vehicle. Depending on their size and load, commercial trucks can weigh up to 80,000 pounds, while the average passenger vehicle weighs only several thousand. Even protected by airbags and seatbelts, passengers in the smaller vehicle are likely to suffer debilitating bone fractures, head injuries, and other serious medical emergencies.
Some common examples of 18-wheeler accident injuries are listed below. These injuries include, but are not limited to:
- Amputation or the loss of limbs, fingers, or toes
- Broken bones
- Burn injuries, if the accident results in a fire
- Chest and abdominal injuries
- Cuts and lacerations
- Internal injuries
- Skin abrasion (“road rash”), if the victim is ejected
- Spinal cord injuries (SCIs)
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Whiplash neck injuries
If you suffered these or other injuries after being hit by a truck in Boca Raton, contact Accident Attorneys Boca Raton for your free consultation about filing a personal injury lawsuit in Florida.
Leading Causes of Semi-Trailer Crashes + Collisions
Like other auto accidents, commercial truck accidents can have many different causes, such as speeding, driving while intoxicated, or failing to check mirrors. Some of the leading factors that cause or contribute to 18-wheeler crashes in Florida and nationwide include:
- Distraction – Some truckers may become distracted while driving long, monotonous routes. Distracted driving is a leading cause of auto accidents – especially in an age where everyone seems to own a smartphone.
- Errors – When you are carrying heavy loads at high speeds, there is no margin for error. Deadly pileups can result when truckers make errors like failing to signal or following other cars too closely.
- Fatigue – Trucking companies sometimes push truckers to drive long, grueling shifts, especially during the busy holiday season. Federal regulations mandate enforced rest breaks, but these rules are often ignored in the interest of meeting deadlines.
- Malfunctions – Semi-trailers are massive, complex vehicles that demand frequent inspection and maintenance. If a mechanic, engineer, inspector, or manufacturer makes an error when designing, building, installing, repairing, or checking a truck part, serious defects and malfunctions can result.
- Weather – Truck drivers should take special safety precautions in bad weather, such as dense fog or icy roads. Failing to adjust for poor weather increases the risk of a deadly collision.
Damages Available in a Truck Accident Lawsuit in Boca Raton, FL
Commercial trucking accidents often result in devastating injuries. These injuries heap massive medical bills upon the victim and their family, while simultaneously making it difficult or impossible to return to work. Some accident survivors may need a lifetime of care and multiple surgeries, especially if they have suffered severely disabling injuries such as an SCI or TBI.
At Schwechter Law Group, we understand the profound financial impacts of a truck crash injury. We will analyze your claim from every angle and pursue every dollar that you are entitled to for your injuries. We may be able to recover compensation for your medical bills; the wages that you have lost from being out of work; your pain and suffering; the damage to your personal property; and costs or losses you are expected to sustain in the future, such as loss of earning power resulting from a permanent disability. In a wrongful death case after a fatal accident, damages may also be awarded to help the survivors cover burial and funeral expenses.
Boca Raton 18-Wheeler + Semi-Truck Accident Attorney
After you’ve been injured in a semi-trailer accident, all you want to know is how your losses will be compensated. Unfortunately, getting the compensation you deserve isn’t always easy. From federal safety regulations, to complex insurance policies, to trucking industry standards, commercial trucking accidents present a minefield of challenges for the victim. Don’t go up against these obstacles alone.
When you’re facing powerful trucking companies and their insurance teams, get aggressive legal representation to level the playing field. For a free legal consultation about what to do after a truck accident in Florida, contact Boca Raton 18-wheeler injury lawyers Accident Attorneys Boca Raton today.